Wednesday, February 15, 2012

It's Alive!

Hello!

On a whim and a prayer, am starting to write this now.

Would love to share with all of you the multitude of things that interest me.... spirituality, food, and most recently mobile photography.

Mobile photography?!?!

Yes, photos taken with your smart phone ladies and gents. Edited with your smart phone too. As for me, am partial to apple hehe although I recently was gifted with an Android tab.

I loooooove it! Since I just started with this activity which will most likely turn into a serious hobby, will clue you in on the basics of this growing field of photography.

Disclaimer: By no means am I a pro, am just like any other non techie person who can't make heads or tails of most cameras, apps, devices, and programs. Lol! Still exploring and learning on this front.

How did I begin? Hmm...

Last Thursday:

1. Took a LOT of photos
2. Downloaded some apps for photos: (at the suggestion of a friend who is highly addicted to iphoneography)

          A. Instagram - photo sharing website sans spying on your personal info
          B. Juxtaposer - fabulous app for cutting out objects and pasting them on different backgrounds (I made  
                                  leftover fish from a sushi boat fly in the sky using this)
          C. Camera+ - has lots of cool filters and effects, plus you can change the way your photo is lit
          D. Transphotos - if you want your photo to like like it had a hit of LSD, this is the app for you
          E. Illusion Hand - fantastic for all the drama black and white photos with a pop of color here and there,
                                     as in you can drain all the color from your image and add colors where you want    
                                     them with the swipe of your teeny weeny finger.
3. Joined a fabulous group in Instagram, Fotografia United. FU for short lol:) gotta love that abbreviation!
4. Started uploading and joining photo sessions... still learning how to work the hash tags though (tags that make your photos viewable to many other photo lovers)

And I've been hooked ever since!

Love the organic way I can edit the photos on I Phone and I Pad apps. It feels liberating, like doodling in a notebook.

See you all soon!

Peace :)

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment